I am a Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Linguistics at the University of Connecticut, and a Senior Scientist at Haskins Laboratories. I am an affiliated faculty member of the CT Institute for Brain and Cognitive Sciences, and a former fellow of the UConn Humanities Institute.
My main research interest is to better understand the human language faculty. Primarily I examine this by studying the structure and acquisition of American Sign Language, and by looking at the process of language acquisition across different languages. See my Research page and the Sign Linguistics and Language Acquisition lab site for more information.
Upcoming Linguistics Events
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
- UConn Today piece on the Family ASL project February 6, 2020
- 2020 is here February 6, 2020
- August 2018 Update August 22, 2018
- Sign Language Acquisition – ASL text NOW AVAILABLE! June 18, 2018
- Sabbatical in the Netherlands January 26, 2018